Clinical Affairs’ newest series, CPG Implementation Series Manuals, come with everything you need to get you through each step of implementing the specific CPG in any facility, to be rolled out through the year. The CPG Implementation Manuals emphasize the importance of basing guideline recommendations on the systematic identification and synthesis of the best available scientific evidence and applying to everyday practice.
AMDA’s CPG Implementation Manuals are currently available in the following topics:
Click on the topic link above to order.
The purpose is to provide consistent assessment, management, monitoring and evaluation guidelines for the implementation of individualized pain management in order to facilitate optimal comfort, dignity and quality of life for all residents regardless of their level of functioning.
The manual encourages health professionals to improve their treatment practices:
- skilled at facilitating care team formation and function
- skilled at effective communication
- skilled at effectively facilitating change in the illness experience
As well as key implementation essential steps to guide the interaction between caregivers and patients:
- Information sharing
- Decision making
- Care planning
- Care delivery
Additional tools included are:
- Template letters to the care team and family members informing them of your initiative
- At-a-Glance summary of practitioner responsibilities
- Task Assignment Grid to select care team members for performance of tasks
- Policies and Procedures document that lists P&Ps you will need to have in place to implement that specific guideline
- Quality Indicators for the specific CPG to use in the QI process
- In-Services on CD-ROM (for practitioners, licensed nurses, and certified nursing assistants) which come with slide notes so that anyone can present, an instructor’s manual
A "must have" for medical directors to demonstrate their compliance with Tag F501!