Benefits of AMDA Membership:
- $300 Discount on AMDA's Annual Conference (Offering credits including AMA PRA Category 1 Credits)
- Up to $405 in savings on AMDA's Core Curriculum on Medical Direction in Long-Term Care
- Nearly 50% Discount on Webinars through June 30, 2015 (AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM)
- FREE webinars effective July 1, 2015 (valued at $99/webinar) – NEW!
- JAMDA AMDA's scientific peer-reviewed journal (a $273 value)
- Weekly Round-Up — e-newsletter highlighting policy, AMDA and industry news
- Caring for the Ages — the monthly magazine covering all things PA/LTC (a $255 value)
- Discounts on resources endorsed by CMS
- And More!
Learn more about our membership benefits.
The top ten reasons membership in AMDA continues to deliver solid value to you, year after year:
- Access to clinical tools that are standard care processes for the PA/LTC setting, created by experts and recognized by CMS.
- Clinical guidance on frail elder medicine within the unique PA/LTC continuum that can help improve patient outcomes as well as reduce costs, lessen avoidable transfers, and lower the risk of survey penalties and litigation.
- Practice management assistance including summaries of federal regulations, help with PA/LTC CPT coding and much more.
- Timely communications and publications, including weekly e-newsletters with important clinical, regulatory and legislative updates, news highlighting AMDA's services and products, and member-only access to AMDA's highly-rated publications (JAMDA, Caring for the Ages).
- Large discounts for bulk orders on products specific to the LTC setting and population; for on-site meetings, including the ever-popular AMDA LTC Medicine Annual Conference; for online educational offerings all year long that provide CME, CMD and Nursing credits; and on AMDA's popular certified medical director (CMD) courses, the Core Curriculum and Advanced Curriculum.
- Professional recognition you deserve. Recognition opportunities range from AMDA Foundation Awards to presenting your work at the annual conference. Physicians can earn the Certified Medical Director (CMD) credential – the only certification specific to the PA/LTC setting – through the American Medical Directors Certification Board.
- Grassroots advocacy for your PA/LTC practice and patients through AMDA-sponsored and organized advocacy campaigns.
- Networking, connection and collegiality with your peers and colleagues both nationally at AMDA meetings and locally through AMDA's many State Chapters.
- Opportunities to give back — To serve on AMDA's many leadership committees, to contribute to the AMDA Foundation's Futures program and Wall of Caring, to mentor young professionals and grow the future of the field of PA/LTC medicine.
And #10? We're not satisfied with the status quo — AMDA's member benefits continually grow and evolve with this dynamic field. For example, this past year we added new, timely products (Younger Adult) and programs (Navigating Mood and Behavior), new ways of accessing the Annual Meeting through live video streaming, a new online grassroots advocacy tool — and many more are planned.
The bottom line: AMDA helps you enhance your career, which in turn enhances the quality of care your patients receive.
SPECIAL OFFER: Renew or join by June 10th and SAVE 5% on your membership dues, plus get a copy of our new Diabetes Clinical Practice Guideline FREE with your July issue of JAMDA.
||Medical directors, attending physicians, specialists
|Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
||Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP, ANP, etc.)
|Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP)
||DDS, CNS, DPM, etc.
||Administrators, therapists, pharmacists , DON, RN, etc.
|Retired AMDA Members
||Retired practitioners (prior membership required)
|Fellow, Resident, Post Graduate or Undergraduate Medical, Nursing or Other Healthcare Program
||Group rate available for 15+ members (non-physician professionals)
||Discounts for 30, 50, or more physicians, practitioners, and IDT members
Physician, Nurse Practitioner, and Physician Assistant members may vote and hold office as detailed in AMDA Bylaws.
* Effective July 1, 2015, AMDA is changing to a calendar year membership term (January 1st through December 31st). The dues above reflect annual (12 month) membership. Membership is currently available for 18 months (July 1, 2015 – December 31, 2016) or 6 months (July 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015).
** Student E-membership does not include print versions of JAMDA or Caring for the Ages. Those are accessible electronically. Membership is valid through the length of your program and will expire at the end of your graduation/residency end month. After that time you will be required to reapply for membership.
New members may join at any time; renewal date will be effective the following January 1.
Corporate and Industry membership cycle is January 1st through December 31st. Membership is non-refundable and non-transferable.