Quality Care Finder
The quality of health care professionals, services, facilities and plans can greatly impact a patient’s health. Medicare beneficiaries have choices when it comes to the quality of their providers. That’s why the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services just launched the Quality Care Finder designed to help beneficiaries and their caregivers find better health care options.
Patients and their caregivers can get started by going to www.Medicare.gov/QualityCareFinder to find health care providers, facilities, health and drug plans, and equipment suppliers, and make “apples-to-apples” comparisons of their quality.
Available resources for beneficiaries include:
- Hospital Compare: Compare Medicare-certified hospitals locally and throughout the country based on the quality of their care.
- Nursing Home Compare: Find Medicare-certified nursing homes and the special services each nursing home offers, like dementia care, ventilators or rehabilitation. Then compare their star ratings and the quality of care they give.
- Home Health Compare: Find Medicare-certified home health agencies based on services like skilled nursing care, physical therapy, speech therapy and home health aides. Then, compare each home health agency based on the quality of their care.
- Medicare Plan Finder: Get detailed, personalized information about the cost and benefits of available Medicare health and drug plans, and compare the quality of the services they provide.
- Dialysis Facility Compare: Find Medicare-certified dialysis facilities and their services. Then, compare each facility based on quality of care.
- Physician Compare: Find doctors based on medical specialty, clinical training, foreign languages spoken, and more. Check to see if a doctor accepts the Medicare-approved amount as full payment.
Comparing Is Easy
Go to Medicare.gov/QualityCareFinder or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) to find and compare health care providers. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.